Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Wisteria Juvenile and new seedling!

October 28th, 2014....the 2 wisterias are almost a month old in a few days, and my 3rd youngest just started to sprout!


My #1 wisteria (extreme right) has 2 branches, each with 9 leaves and is currently growing its terminal stem rather slowly. Compared to the other one, it is exposed to most light during the day, which would explain its bigger, longer leaves.

My #2 wisteria (in the middle) has 3 set of branches, 2 of it is almost the same size as #1 while the new 3rd branch is catching up pretty quickly. #2's terminal stem grow quickly than #1's...and there's a tiny little node coming up soon.



Now for my #3 wisteria baby. It's funny because my husband and i thought it might be dead. It didn't show any signs of live..just an empty vapoury vase, untill 3 days ago i noticed there was a small little sprout peeking through the soil...and before we know it, it grew fast and strong...



The wisteria's are growing strong but i do notice they have started to slow down a little bit. I don't know if it's because of the season or the soil is starting to lose its nutrients. Perhaps after paying my rent, we must make another visit to the garden centre to get some plant food high in phosphorus.

Untill then, let this babies enjoy the fall light and grow..


No comments:

Post a Comment